Sustainable Intervention/A Family's Invitation to Change
"Hopefully, days and years of waiting for people to "hit bottom" are going to be replaced by assertive approaches to identifying, engaging and motivating people in need of recovery."
- WIlliam White
- We have seen that to get long term results, an invitation to a Family meeting is a better approach than, SURPRISE!
- Research shows that a less confrontational approach offers more than double the chance that a loved one will enter treatment or some kind of change process.
- There are 4 primary steps that outline the process, but the core of this method is FAMILY.
- We believe that the family is inherently resilient and well-equipped to help and hope.
One: Craft a Circle of Change
Who are the voices that matter?
Creating a Change Plan
To Rehab or Not to Rehab
The Change Message
The change message is the internal mission statement for the team to rally around. A short version would be: You're hurting, we love you, here's the help ... what do you say?
The tools you will use to craft the Change Message are:
- This is what I see (Eyewitness Account)
- This is what I fear (Flash Forward)
- This is what I hope (Resolution)
The eyewitness account helps each person to calmly paint a picture.
The change message helps identify what the loved one's primary reservations are likely to be, and what the team's bottom line's will be.
The Flash Forward
This is the second part of the family meeting's guided conversation. Ask: What do you worry will happen if your loved one does not get help?
"Will you accept the help we're offering and start a recovery program today?"
The Family Meeting should be held in Familiar surroundings.
Everyone should be within arms length of the loved one ready to connect with love an hugs.
Two: Deliver the Invitation
Once the invitation has been made the process has begun.
We invite you to breakthrough and find recovery for your Family.
What is the investment?
INTERVENTIONS WITHIN A 2 HOUR RADIUS OF MY OFFICE $4,000
- Transportation services to a local provider within 100 miles of the intervention location are included.
- Transportation services to a more distant provider are $2,000 plus travel expenses
- One night stay is assumed. Any additional overnight stay(s) due to travel complications or other circumstances are $2,000 per night, plus expenses.
- Transportation services to a treatment provider within 100 miles of the intervention location are included.
- Transportation services to a more distant provider or requiring an additional overnight are $2,000, plus expenses.
- Prep work, the team meetings, and necessary followup sessions to facilitate entry into treatment and a transportation escort to the facility;
- Advising, screening and selection recommendations for inpatient, and/or outpatient treatment, interface between the team and the treatment provider; coordination of aftercare; integration planning if the person is returning home or to the community; advice on using self-help meetings, and setting up a self-help support network; addressing questions related to ongoing treatment and other functioning related issues; and emergency meetings if resumption of use occurs;
- The fee includes unlimited emails and texts and coordination of any and all issues related to the case that come up for 6 months.
Payment plans can be arranged.
Ask about our WCYA plans.
Sustainable Recovery, Inc.