Sustainable Intervention/A Family's Invitation to Heal
Interventions play a pivotal role in family addiction recovery, serving as a catalyst for change and healing. Typically orchestrated with the help of professionals, interventions provide a structured space for families to confront the addiction head-on, express their concerns, and urge their loved one to seek treatment. While the primary goal is to help the individual recognize the severity of their addiction, interventions also empower family members to set boundaries and prioritize their well-being. When executed with compassion, understanding, and clear objectives, interventions can be the first step towards rebuilding trust and fostering a supportive recovery environment for the entire family.
"Hopefully, days and years of waiting for people to "hit bottom" are going to be replaced by assertive approaches to identifying, engaging and motivating people in need of recovery."
- WIlliam White
- WIlliam White
- We have seen that to get long term results, an invitation to a family meeting is a better approach than, SURPRISE!
- Research shows that a less confrontational approach offers more than double the chance that a loved one will enter treatment or some kind of change process.
- The core of this method is FAMILY.
- We believe that the family is inherently resilient and well-equipped to help and hope.
One: Craft a Circle of Change
- Who are the voices that matter?
- To Treatment (what level) or Not?
- The change message is the internal mission statement for the team to rally around. A short version would be: You're hurting, we love you, here's the help ... what do you say?
- This is what I see (Eyewitness Account)
- This is what I fear (Flash Forward)
- This is what I hope (Resolution)
- The eyewitness account helps each person to calmly paint a picture.
- The change message helps identify what the loved one's primary reservations are likely to be, and what the team's bottom line's will be.
- This is the second part of the family meeting's guided conversation. Ask: What do you worry will happen if your loved one does not get help?
- "Will you accept the help we're offering and start a recovery program today?"
- The Family Meeting should be held in Familiar surroundings.
- Everyone should be within arms length of the loved one ready to connect with love an hugs.
- Once the invitation has been made the process has begun.
What is the investment?
INTERVENTIONS WITHIN A 2 HOUR RADIUS OF MY OFFICE $4,000
- Transportation services to a local provider within 100 miles of the intervention location are included.
- Transportation services to a more distant provider are $2,000 plus travel expenses
- One night stay is assumed. Any additional overnight stay(s) due to travel complications or other circumstances are $2,000 per night, plus expenses.
- Transportation services to a treatment provider within 100 miles of the intervention location are included.
- Transportation services to a more distant provider or requiring an additional overnight are $2,000, plus expenses.
- Prep work, the team meetings, and necessary followup sessions to facilitate entry into treatment and a transportation escort to the facility;
- Advising, screening and selection recommendations for inpatient, and/or outpatient treatment, interface between the team and the treatment provider; coordination of aftercare; integration planning if the person is returning home or to the community; advice on using self-help meetings, and setting up a self-help support network; addressing questions related to ongoing treatment and other functioning related issues; and emergency meetings if resumption of use occurs;
- The fee includes unlimited emails and texts and coordination of any and all issues related to the case that come up for 6 months.
We do not bill insurance.
Payment plans can be arranged.
Ask about our WCYA (what can you afford) plans.
Sustainable Recovery, Inc.